Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Journals 1-8

Journal 1: An unreliable source...

I've recently met 3 witches while returning from the war with Banquo and they've predicted that i would become thane of Cawdor. They also prophesied that i would someday become King, and that Banquo's sons would be king..... I wonder if it will come true.

Journal 2: Truth unveiled

Alas, it came to be true. The king has pronounced me Thane of Cawdor. The old one was apparently a traitor. Now, if the witches are to be trusted, then i shall become king in due time. But how could it happen, how? I must discuss with my wife about this further.

Journal 3: The plan

My wife has persuaded me to take an upcoming opportunity to seize the throne. The king is coming over for a visit, and we shall take the the chance to rid us of this unsightly obstacle. We have devised a devious plan, and it shall be put into action as soon as possible

Journal 4: Close call

The body has been discovered. However, all is not lost. I have successfully shaken the suspicion off of me and i've framed some servants. Too bad there aren't any eyewitnesses... heh heh heh... I'll be king, and ill remain king! It must be that way. Unfortunately, since the witches predictions have proven to be true so far, it seems that i must kill my friend Banquo...

Journal 5: Guilt

I can't sleep. I just can't. No matter what i do, I can't sleep. Everytime i close my eyes, i see blood, blood, and more blood. I can't let this get to my head though; I have to focus on the job at hand. Banquo. He has to go. He is a problem. So is Macduff... I must seize the day and eliminate all threats to me and my kingship.

Journal 6: Banquet

Something strange happened to me today. Banquo was killed just earlier, and i... saw his ghost at the table. He was there. So material... t'was my wife that brought me back from insanity, the damn thing. Sitting there. Just sitting. It's as if it knows that it was me..... God save me. It's too late to turn back now....

Journal 7: Downfall?

I have seen the witches again. They prophesied that i would only have to fear when the woods start to move, and that i could not be killed by any man of woman born. So i am safe. Wood cannot move, for it is wood. And all men are born of woman. So there is nothing to fear after all...

Journal 8: The time has come

It's impossible. The wood is moving. The witches were right, again. It seems almost unreal, out of this world. The last part has yet to come true though... I can only hope that it shall not. I will stay ready. Ready to leave, should the one come.

1 comment:

  1. Peer Edit:
    Day 1:

    Praise: Very to the point. :)
    Polish: Proper capitalization, please.
    Ponder: Was Macbeth an expressive person or was he more introverted?

    ReplyDelete